ERCIM

ERCIM News No. 91 published - special the me: "What is Computation? — Alan Turing’s L egacy"

  • From: Peter Kunz <peter.kunz AT ercim.eu>
  • To: ercim-news AT ercim.eu
  • Subject: ERCIM News No. 91 published - special the me: "What is Computation? — Alan Turing’s L egacy"
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 12:33:09 +0200

Dear ERCIM News Reader,

ERCIM News No. 91 has just been published at http://ercim-news.ercim.eu/

Special Theme: "What is Computation? — Alan Turing’s Legacy"
Guest editors: Gilles Dowek, Inria, and Samson Abramsky, University of Oxford
http://ercim-news.ercim.eu/en91/special

Keynote: "The Impact of Alan Turing" by Andrew Hodges
http://ercim-news.ercim.eu/en91/keynote

This issue for download in pdf:
http://ercim-news.ercim.eu/images/stories/EN91/EN91-web.pdf

Next issue: No. 92, January 2012 - Special Theme: "Smart Energy Systems"
(see call at http://ercim-news.ercim.eu/call)

Thank you for your interest in ERCIM News.
Feel free to forward this message to others who might be interested.

Peter Kunz
ERCIM News central editor

ERCIM is pleased to announce its 2012 Symposium
The event will be held on Thursday 26 October at Inria Sophia Antipolis. France.
The symposium will feature presentations from European Commission representatives, winners of an ERC Starting Grant and the 2012 ERCIM Cor Baayen Award, as well as panels/round tables discussing current scientific and strategic challenges.
Participation is free; however advance registration is required as places are limited.
Programme and registration form at: http://www.ercim.eu/fall-meetings-2012/ercim-symposium

ERCIM News

is published quarterly by ERCIM, the European Research Consortium for Informatics and Mathematics.
The printed edition will reach about 8,000 readers.
This email alert reaches over 6000 subscribers.

About ERCIM
ERCIM - the European Research Consortium for Informatics and Mathematics - aims to foster collaborative work within the European research community and to increase co-operation with European industry. Leading European research institutes are members of ERCIM. ERCIM is the European host of W3C.
http://www.ercim.eu/

Follow us on
http://twitter.com/#!/ercim_news
https://www.facebook.com/ercimnews